Your dropshipping store’s success is providing first-rate customer support. Even though it may seem like a bother, making it available will pay off in the long run and contribute to the success of your online shop; more loyal customers, better feedback/reviews, and fewer returns and refunds are all benefits of providing quality dropshipping store customer care.
To better serve your dropshipping customers, how can you enhance your dropshipping processes? See if you can figure it out by following these eight steps!
1.Decide on an Email Address for your dropshipping store Customer Service.
Setting up a contact page on your site is the most straightforward approach to improve dropshipping store customer service for your dropshipping business. Customers should be able to leave notes for you on your website without feeling uncomfortable. Adding it to your navigation menu will make it easy for your customers to access it. Include a “Contact Us” page on your website that is easily found through the menu. It’s critical that your customer support email address is prominently displayed on that page so that visitors can quickly identify who to contact with questions.
For example, if your web hosting package includes several email addresses, you may use firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org to handle customer support inquiries.
Here are a few illustrations:
On the other hand, these mailboxes take up space that may be better utilized for your website’s contents, such as product pages and high-resolution photos. Instead of using this expensive and space-constrained service, try one of these email alternatives:
- With Zoho Mail, you may create up to 25 free email accounts under your domain name!
- Users who utilize Gmail and other Google Cloud products will prefer G Suite. If you choose G Suite, you’ll also get access to Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Calendar as part of your subscription.
Remember that using a personal email account for business purposes is always a bad idea. It doesn’t appear professional, and your consumers will lose trust in you as a result.
2.Allow your clients to communicate with you through the use of online chat.
In addition to email, live chat is an excellent method to keep the lines of contact open with your dropshipping customers. Don’t forget that your consumers want to know that you care about what they have to say and are willing to accommodate their demands. To aid them, you need to establish a connection with them and ensure that they have someone on the other end who can assist them with their problems.
To set up a virtual chat for your online business, look into the following possibilities:
- Business messengers like Intercom allow consumers to reach you via various channels, such as your app, your website, social network accounts, or even email.
- As a result of this chat app’s “message sneak peek” function, it is possible to see what your customer is typing so you may come up with an appropriate response.
- For the first time, Clickdesk‘s live-chat support platform includes a video chat feature.
- Using this live chat application, you can “screen share” with consumers and see exactly what problem they’re having in real-time.
- You may utilize Tidio for free for the first three operators if you’re searching for a more cost-effective chat solution.
- You may use ZoConvert to automate your Facebook Messenger chats and messages. With the Facebook marketplace and all your Facebook fans as direct email subscribers, it’s beneficial.
Never undervalue the significance of promptly responding to client queries. Dropshipping stores rely heavily on effective communication to be successful.
3.Put your phone number into a VoIP system.
Even if you provide email and virtual chat, some consumers will still prefer your phone number since it’s more personal. Giving your customers several ways to contact you when they have questions or complaints is the most excellent method for providing efficient customer care in your dropshipping shop. As a result, your online business will appear well-run and ready to manage any problems that may arise.
The best phone support solution is Grasshopper Virtual Phone System. Reliability is a strong suit of this product, and it offers several other advantages as well.
- This will be the initial point of contact for your customer care phone system, so you can quickly and efficiently record a professional-sounding greeting to reassure your visitors.
- Call forwarding – Nowadays, most people are wary of receiving calls from numbers they do not recognize. Even if your call is redirected to another landline or mobile phone, you can easily set up Grasshopper to display your caller ID on all outgoing and incoming calls. WiFi or VoIP can also be used to make or receive phone calls.
- If you’re unable to answer the phone call, you’ll be able to get an SMS instead. For those who frequently miss calls, you may have an automatic text message sent to the caller informing them that you’ll call them back quickly if you can’t answer the phone.
- To retrieve voice mails from another phone line, dial the number from the voicemail you’d like to listen to. To top it all off, you may have audio files or text transcriptions of your phone calls emailed directly to your email address. Finally, you may get a PDF copy sent to your email address as a PDF file if you get fax.
When it comes to dropshipping store customer service, a virtual phone system is a great asset to have.
4.Consider using CRM (customer relationship management) software.
In your dropshipping store, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software provides a one-stop-shop for customer care. It comprises a wide range of tools for marketing, consumer engagement, surveys, feedback, and data collecting. It’s comprehensive and wide-ranging.
Online resellers choose Hubspot CRM because of its ease of use. The Hubspot Support Hub, a specialist customer service solution integrated with the broader CRM, is also available from Hubspot. It has the following features:
- Team inbox – Everyone on your team will always be up to date on what’s happening (saving time and resources on forwarding messages).
- It’s much easier to resolve difficulties with automated ticketing because all customer care emails are immediately transformed into tickets. You may also use a variety of pre-written templates to react to these emails in an automated manner.
- Customers will have various methods to contact you, thanks to the Service Hub’s virtual chat feature.
- Collection of data and feedback helps you better understand how your dropshipping store customer service answer benefited the consumer so that your future efforts are practical.
There’s a free trial period, which is standard for customer service software. Plans start at $50 a month for the most basic functions, but several other pricing tiers have more advanced inclusions.
Related Post: 5 Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid as a Beginner
5.Use these additional dropshipping store customer service resources to your advantage.
Dropshipping customers have access to a variety of outstanding customer support options in addition to email, chat, and virtual phone numbers. Remember, you must provide excellent customer service to make your online shop competitive in the online industry.
In terms of functionality, these technologies go beyond email and virtual chat, but they fall short of a full-fledged CRM service hub. Finally, your money and willingness to pay monthly membership costs will play a role.
- Get Satisfaction – In today’s environment, many customers demand a certain degree of connectedness with the businesses they do business with. Get Satisfaction makes it simple to build an online community of consumers to increase brand loyalty, provide feedback, and resolve customer service issues.
- In other words, it’s a virtual helpdesk for your customers-in-waiting. They provide live chat for $89 a month and a ticketing system for $99. They also have an online community where your customers may help one another and communicate with one another. Slack, Uber, and Shopify all utilize ZenDesk as part of their customer support departments.
- This is the second most popular customer care software after ZenDesk. Freshdesk Customer Service Agent. A ticketing system, calls/texts, knowledge base, and reports are all included. At $15 a month, it’s more affordable. A free version with only the most basic functionality is available.
This dropshipping store customer service tool list shows you how many options you have to get better at dealing with customers. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about them by visiting their website! Before making a final selection, you may usually test one out for a certain length of time.
6.Stay in Touch With Your Clients at All Times
Your online store’s success depends heavily on customer feedback. Customers want to know that their concerns are taken seriously and that you are listening to them. Additionally, you must ensure that your resources are used effectively and efficiently. What steps will you take to ensure this occurs? By gathering and reacting to feedback!
If you get either a yes or a no, thank them for their time. If, on the other side, the feedback was unfavorable or a complaint was made, provide a remedy.
Do not underestimate the power of client feedback in showcasing your customer care abilities and delighting new consumers.
Make sure you follow up after you’ve made a deal, too. By doing this, you’ll give your consumers a sense of importance and show them that you value their business. Furthermore, you’ve opened a line of communication and may now keep your customers up to date on upcoming specials or special pricing.
You should only utilize email for follow-ups, though, as one key consideration. Any attempt to follow up with your customer through phone or chat will make them feel pressured and may discourage them from returning in the future. When following up, send an email because it’s the least invasive option.
7. Provide Detailed Information About Your Products
Even if it’s a sobering thought, most returns can be traced back to the merchant. Customers return products for a variety of reasons. According to Invesp, the three most prevalent are:
- The wrong item was shipped to the address provided (23 percent of the time).
- The product’s description was incorrect (22 percent of the time).
- There was a problem with the product (20 percent of the time).
Refunds are also far more common in e-commerce than traditional retail, with around 15% of online purchases being returned.
So, what are your options for avoiding this problem? Reducing returns is easy if your product descriptions are thorough. To avoid misleading your customers, provide as much information as possible on your product page.
Ensure your return policy is as follows as well:
- It’s hassle-free and straightforward to grasp.
- Clearly expressed in clear English on your website and in follow-up emails.
- Without the use of coercive language like “you must,” “you are obliged,” or “we aren’t accountable for.”
- The goal of this strategy is to set realistic expectations for the target audience.
In addition, despite what you would think, allowing customers more time to return items reduces the number of returns you receive. The endowment effect is to blame for this. For the most part, customers grow more sentimental about a product over time. In addition, many consumers would simply forget to begin a return if there is no urgency.
As the last point, customers are more inclined to accept a reshipment or replacement of the defective goods when your return policy is open and transparent. Because shipping and handling fees are considerably more financially viable to bear than losing the transaction altogether, this will save you a significant amount of money.
8. Create a FAQ section for your site.
One final consideration is the importance of having a well-designed web page. If you want to provide excellent service to your online store’s clients, make sure your customers can easily access a lot of essential information.
There is a good chance that everybody who approaches you will have the same set of queries. Take into account the following factors:
- An FAQ saves your dropshipping store customer service staff time by publishing the most frequently asked questions online.
- A FAQ page establishes confidence with your consumers by showing them that you’ve put in the effort to help them and demonstrate your familiarity with your items.
- When customers are well-informed, they are more likely to purchase from your shop.
- FAQ sites are seen as valuable sources of information by search engines. Adding additional information and search queries to your website helps enhance your SEO (search engine optimization).