Getting traffic from Google is a great thing. Getting easy (and free) traffic from Google Search Console data is even better!
Here’s how to use GSC data to make more money:
1 . Use the Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels report to find new keywords you didn’t know about and which ones are converting well for you.
The data here will help you take your initial keyword research and turn it into a list of highly targeted and profitable keywords. Here’s an example of the Channels report:
Since GSC estimates my organic visitors, I can easily see that “weight loss supplements” is getting me over 1,000 clicks per month at an average position of 9 ! And as we all know, top 3 rankings = higher CTR and more conversions.
You can use this data to:
- Find keywords that you missed during initial research and which ones are converting well for you.
- Find new topics your website should be targeting, even if the keyword doesn’t currently bring in much traffic.
For example, just by looking at this screenshot, I could expand my content on “weight loss supplements” into a list of other weight loss supplements (e.g., Garcinia Cambogia, raspberry ketones ) since I know they’re getting clicks from Google through GSC!
Don’t forget to export any relevant insights so you can make use of them later. Marko Saric has some great insights on how he leverages these reports to improve his traffic and conversions.
2 . Use the Search Traffic > Search Queries report to:
- Identify keywords that are driving traffic to your site, even if they’re not currently in your top 20 most targeted keywords. The data here can help you expand your list of targeted keywords, as well as find potential opportunities for paid search campaigns.
- Identify high-traffic keywords that you may be able to rank for with a bit of optimization. This data can also help you prioritize which pages on your website need the most attention in terms of optimization.
- For example, “how to make money online” is a high-traffic keyword that I could potentially rank for if I put some effort into optimizing my page for it. I’d also want to look at the “money” related keywords (e.g., “investing,” “saving money”) to see if there are any other opportunities for me to target.
3 . Use the Crawl > Fetch as Google report to troubleshoot crawl errors and indexation issues on your website.
The data in this report can help you determine which pages on your site are not being indexed by Google, as well as help you identify and fix crawl errors that are preventing Google from indexing your pages.
This is just a taste of the data available in GSC. By using this data, you can improve your website’s traffic and conversions from Google, all for free!
4. Have you ever used the Google Search Console API?
If not, you’re missing out! The API gives you access to all of the data in GSC, as well as the ability to run custom queries and export the data into a CSV file. This data can be used to improve your website’s traffic and conversions from Google, as well as help you identify potential opportunities for paid search campaigns.
The best part is that the API is free to use! You just need to create a project in the Google Developer Console and register for a credential. Here’s more information on how to get started.
Related Post: 20 reasons why you should use analytics for your business queries
5. I’ve heard of the Google Keyword Planner , but how does it help me make more money?
The Google Keyword Planner is a great resource for both advertisers and organic SEOs. It gives you search volume data on keywords, as well as traffic estimates for each keyword that will help you prioritize which ones to target.
It also provides an opportunity to create new campaigns! Paid search opportunities appear in the default results table all the time (you can turn off location targeting whenever you like). This means that with this free tool, I can go through these opportunities and see which one looks best for my business. And don’t forget about those helpful filters, such as device preference and location! Are your customers mostly desktop users or mobile users? You can filter the data to show you just that.
Are most of your customers searching for you in the United States or in the United Kingdom? You can filter the data to show you just that.
6. What’s the best way to learn more about using Google Search Console data to make money?
The best way to learn more is by reading Google’s own guide on how to use Google Search Console . It’s a great resource that covers everything from setting up your account to diagnosing and fixing problems with your website.
If you’re looking for more detailed information on a specific aspect of GSC, I’d recommend checking out one of these great resources:
- Marko Saric – Uses GSC data to improve traffic and conversions from Google
- Neil Patel – How to use the Google Search Console API to get the most out of your data
- Andrea Vahl – Uses GSC data to improve organic traffic from Google
- Jeremy Knauff – How to use the Google Search Console for paid search campaigns
Google Search Console is a powerful free tool that gives you access to a wealth of data on your website’s traffic and performance in Google search. By using this data, you can improve your website’s traffic and conversions from Google, all for free!
In this article, I’ve covered just a few ways that you can use GSC data to make more money. For more detailed information on each of these topics, I’d recommend checking out one of the great resources I’ve listed above.
And don’t forget, if you’re looking for more in-depth training on how to use Google Search Console data to make money, our own guide is a great place to start!